- Colonel Manpreet Singh (age 41), Haryana
- Major Ashish Dhonchak, Haryana (age 34)
- Jammu and Kashmir police officer DSP Humayun Bhatt, who were martyred in the encounter.
- Many officers including Dilbagh Singh of Jammu and Kashmir Police and 15 Corps Commander Lieutenant General Rajiv Ghai are there to keep an eye on the ongoing operation in Anantnag. Keeping an eye on the ongoing action
VIDEO | Last rites of Deputy Superintendent of J&K Police Humayun Bhat martyred in Anantnag encounter, were performed this evening. pic.twitter.com/ld4NlGx6xu
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) September 13, 2023
The events surrounding the Anantnag, encounter, which took place on [Wednesday, September 13, 2023], have attracted much attention and led to several inquiries. Let’s examine this tragedy, the circumstances surrounding it, and the investigation, as well as ongoing efforts to uncover the truth in more detail.
On Wednesday, security forces were attacked during a search operation in Kokernag, Anantnag, Jammu and Kashmir, in which two senior Indian Army officers and a police rank DSP were injured. He was taken to the hospital on the spot where doctors declared him brought dead.
Challenges with verification
- Like many other incidents in conflict zones, the Anantnag incident presents significant difficulties for verification. Terrorists are likely to be hiding in mountainous areas. In this type of situation, independent verification and information access may be hampered, making it challenging to prove the sequence of events with absolute certainty.
Multiple agencies and officials are currently investigating the Anantnag incident to piece together what happened. Its objective is to prepare an accurate and objective account of the incidents, to identify the people involved. Indian Army has intensified the search operation in Kokernag Nag so that the terrorists can be eliminated soon.
For more information visit our website
On behalf of the J&K Police Pariwar DGP J&K Sh Dilbag Singh has condoled the martyrdom of the braveheart officers of J&K Police and Army in an encounter at Gadool,Kokernag,Anantnag.
The DGP has said in his message that he is deeply saddened by the terrible loss of three young… pic.twitter.com/pMJSwYE8wX
— J&K Police (@JmuKmrPolice) September 13, 2023